Why Choose Us
Over 35 years of Debt Relief Experience
Reasonable Rates and Same Day Service
Legal Efficiency Coupled with Empathy
Consultations Done by an Actual Attorney
Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates, P.C., is a valuable resource for Texans looking for reliable information about debt relief. We offer dedicated legal counsel and representation when debt has become overwhelming. Bankruptcy can provide a much-needed financial “fresh start” in a time of debt crisis.
Humble Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer · Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Humble Bankruptcy Attorney
Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates P.C. is dedicated to helping families and individuals who need debt relief. Many people today have found themselves deep in debt and on the verge of losing their homes. With the help of a foreclosure defense Humble legal team or a Humble bankruptcy attorney, you can obtain the debt relief you deserve at an affordable cost. Our caring and compassionate staff will do all that is necessary within the law to ensure a favorable outcome for each of our clients.
How Can Bankruptcy Provide Debt Relief and Save Your Home?
Filing bankruptcy enables people who are struggling with debt to get a fresh start financially by wiping out certain debt. Thus, what can this accomplish? Here is what you can expect when a Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney in Humble represents you:
- It eliminates credit card debt and other unsecured debts
- It eliminates secured debts (but you’ll probably lose the property)
- It stops collection activities
- It stops creditor harassment, both written and on the phone
- It stops evictions (temporarily)
- It stops foreclosures
- It stops repossessions
While Chapter Bankruptcy benefits low-income filers, you won’t be able to keep your Humble property. However, if you are able to pay at least a percentage of what you owe, then you should speak with our Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorney in Humble.
Filing a Chapter 13 will:
- Allows you to keep any assets or property that’s not protected by an exemption (exemptions usually apply to those items that you need for living and working)
- Enables you to reduce the amount of a debt to its replacement value, but you will have to pay it off in full (if you own a vehicle that is worth $6,000 but owe $10,000 on it, you can pay off the $6,000 and discharge the $4,000 difference)
- Stops mortgage foreclosures
In any event, a debt relief lawyer attorney in Humble can help you when it comes to filing a Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Though there are many law firms in the city, that offer similar services, you need to work with an experienced law firm like ours that has over 3 years of experience in helping Texans. Whether you need the foreclosure stopped or need assistance with debt management, our legal team can help.
What Bankruptcy Won’t Do
Naturally, if there are certain things that you can expect to accomplish by filing Chapter 7 or 13, then you should be aware of what filing bankruptcy cannot do. This includes:
- Eliminate alimony and/or child support
- Eliminate most tax debt (it may be possible with older unpaid taxes)
- Eliminate non-dischargeable debts under either Chapter such as:
- debts that weren’t listed in your bankruptcy case
- debts for wrongful death or personal injury caused by driving under the influence
- fines and penalties that were charged to punish you for criminal restitution, traffic ticket, etc.
- Eliminate student loans, except in specific circumstances where it would creating an undue financial hardship
- Stop a creditor from foreclosing on property or repossessing property you can no longer afford (bankruptcy eliminates debts, not liens)
Since establishing our practice the highly skilled Humble bankruptcy and foreclosure lawyers have remained dedicated to assisting clients take control of their financial future by eliminating their debt. We can be of assistance, so don’t hesitate to call us today. For more information, call Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates P.C. today at 713-278-0800.
We service the following zip codes in Humble, TX and all surrounding areas: 77338, 77346, 77347, 77396.
Request a Free Consultation
What People Say
Request a Free Consultation
A caring, compassionate Humble bankruptcy lawyer with over 35 years of experience, attorney Alva Wesley-Thomas is here to help you find the way to debt relief.