Why Choose Us
Over 35 years of Debt Relief Experience
Reasonable Rates and Same Day Service
Legal Efficiency Coupled with Empathy
Consultations Done by an Actual Attorney
Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates, P.C., is a valuable resource for Texans looking for reliable information about debt relief. We offer dedicated legal counsel and representation when debt has become overwhelming. Bankruptcy can provide a much-needed financial “fresh start” in a time of debt crisis.
Missouri City Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Lawyer · Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Missouri City Bankruptcy Attorney
Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates P.C. has been an invaluable source when you need a debt relief lawyer in Missouri City for bankruptcy or foreclosure. We have helped hundreds of clients suffering with overwhelming debt and were unable to pay their bills. As a Missouri City bankruptcy attorney and foreclosure attorney in Missouri City, we can provide the legal representation needed to resolve your debt crisis and enable you to have a fresh start financially.
We also litigate complex bankruptcy issues for businesses and high income individuals. In most cases, the quickest and easiest way for a business owner or luxury homeowner to get a fresh start is by filing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Rather than having to deal with a 3 to 5-year repayment plan, you can have your indebtedness resolved in 4 to 5 months. We have provided legal representation for individuals earning a 6-figure income and have helped them quality for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
What Causes Families or Individuals to File Bankruptcy or Potentially Lose Their Home to Foreclosure?
As one of the top-ranked Missouri City bankruptcy law firms, people often struggle financially and need our help to get back on their feet. Our legal firm is the primary go-to solution for families and individuals who are suffering with insurmountable debt. The most common reasons that people file bankruptcy are:
- divorce (termination of marriage)
- excessive medical expenses attributed to disease or illness
- job loss or reduction of income
- mismanagement of personal finances (e.g. not budgeting properly for the purchase of a home or vehicle, student loans, etc.)
- unexpected emergencies (e.g. catastrophic home and property damage, vehicle breakdown, etc.)
We know that the situation is difficult and most people need legal assistance. As with bankruptcy, there are several common causes of foreclosure and the need for a foreclosure defense attorney in Missouri City. These include:
- alcohol and/or drug addiction (substance dependence)
- death of the primary income earner in the home
- divorce which leaves one person solely responsible for mortgage payments
- dramatically increased interest rates on subprime mortgages
- medical bills resulting from catastrophic emergencies, chronic disease, or illness
- negative home equity attributed to decreased market value
In either of these cases, Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates P.C. can help families and individuals work towards getting back on their feet financially and having a debt-free future. With the right legal assistance, you can put your life back together again without the pitfalls, in most cases.
Rebuilding Your Credit after Bankruptcy
Although bankruptcy does damage your credit score to a certain degree, that damage can be repaired with discipline, due diligence, and a little patience. We can walk you through the whole process and ensure that you understand your options, before taking a decision. The following steps as explained by foreclosure lawyer in Missouri City will help you rebuild your credit after bankruptcy:
- Avoid frequent changes of employment
- Get new credit but apply for it sparingly
- Keep making on-time payments on your non-bankruptcy accounts
- Maintain low balances on your credit card accounts
- Make sure your bankruptcy is accurately reflected on your credit report
- Stay away from credit repair companies
Stop struggling with financial stress by consulting with a Missouri City bankruptcy lawyer from Alva Wesley-Thomas & Associates P.C. Call 713-278-0800 for a FREE Consultation.
We service the following zip codes in Missouri City, TX and all surrounding areas: 77459, 77489.
Request a Free Consultation
What People Say
Request a Free Consultation
A caring, compassionate Missouri City bankruptcy lawyer with over 35 years of experience, attorney Alva Wesley-Thomas is here to help you find the way to debt relief.